Lafayette St. Waterloo, IA 50703 phone: 319.234.7589
Providing a safe, warm and caring environment for school-age children has long been the foundation of the YWCA’s childcare programming. The pillars are Y’s Kids and Summer Daze.
During the school year, Y’s Kids provides care before and after school at nine Waterloo elementary schools, plus sites in Cedar Falls and Hudson. Summer Daze is the all day program held through the summer.
The YWCA childcare team also works with Tri-County Head Start to create Wrap-Around Service that offers all-day care to Head Start participants.
“Playdays” for Christmas and Spring Break, conferences, etc. are another service provided. Advance registration for Playdays is required.
Each of these childcare programs offers positive adult role models, educational opportunities and fun for the children. Financial Assistance is based on household size and income and participation by youth with special needs is encouraged.
Y's Kids- Before and After School
For a printable copy of the 2020-2021 Childcare Information Form, click here or you can call (319) 234-7589 ext. 226 or ext. 227 and request that a registration packet be mailed to you. Please complete these forms and bring them with you – do not mail or email them.
For a printable copy of our Financial Assistance application, click here.
Below please find a re-post of registration dates and instructions for Y’s Kids Before and After School Child Care Program – please read through them carefully!
Items to note –
· Please enter YWCA through door on back of building
· Please wear your face mask and follow social distancing while waiting in line
· You must come with your Registration forms completed and have all of the supporting documents required with you.
· Child care staff will be available to answer questions
New Registration Dates for
YWCA Y’s Kids Before and After School Child Care Program
To ensure the health and well-being of YWCA participants and the community; the YWCA has reviewed its registration process and rescheduled the dates to register for Y’s Kids Before and After School Child Care program for 2020 – 2021 school year. Registration dates/times will be by the school.
Below are the Y’s Kids Registration Dates for 2020-2021 School Year:
· Cedar Falls Hansen Elementary July 13, 2020 7:00 am – 12:00 noon
· Cedar Falls Lincoln Elementary July 13, 2020 12:30 pm – 5:30 pm
· Cedar Falls North Cedar Elementary July 14, 2020 7:00 am – 12:00 noon
· Hudson Elementary July 14, 2020 7:00 am – 12:00 noon
· Waterloo Irving Elementary July 14, 2020 12:30 pm – 5:30 pm
· Waterloo Cunningham Elementary July 14, 2020 12:30 pm – 5:30 pm
· Waterloo Kingsley Elementary July 15, 2020 7:00 am – 12:00 noon
· Waterloo Kittrell Elementary July 15, 2020 12:30 pm – 5:30 pm
· Waterloo Highland Elementary July 16, 2020 7:00 am – 12:00 noon
· Waterloo Lou Henry Elementary July 16, 2020 12:30 pm – 5:30 pm
· Waterloo Lowell Elementary July 17, 2020 7:00 am – 12:00 noon
· Elk Run Pre-School July 17, 2020 7:00 am – 12:00 noon
· Waterloo Lincoln Elementary July 17, 2020 7:00 am – 12:00 noon
YWCA will close at 1:00 pm on Friday, July 17.
· Any School July 20, 2020 Regular Office Hours*
Current Regular Office Hours Are: Monday – Friday 7:00 am – 1:00 pm
Space is limited. When a program becomes full, a waiting list will be established in the order received.
How To Register / Enroll
· Registration must be done in person at the YWCA on the date and time assigned to your child’s school; or on/after July 18. See building entry instructions below. These instructions will be strictly adhered to and failure to do so may result in you not being able to register at the time you are there.
Do Not Mail or Email Registration Forms – mailed or emailed registrations will not be accepted.
· A $15 registration fee and a $15 YWCA annual membership fee (per child) are due at time of registration. These fees are non-refundable.
· You must present your fully completed Childcare Information Form before we can accept your registration.
· Registration for Preschool students also require a copy of the most current immunization record and physical for each preschool child.
· Financial assistance forms must be fully completed and include all required documentation before your application will be accepted and reviewed.
· Families using an alternate funding source such as DHS, JPTA, Head Start, etc., must have written authorization for services before the time of registration.
Registration forms are available for you to complete and bring with you to the YWCA. Forms can be downloaded using the links at the top of this page or you can call (319) 234-7589 ext. 226 or ext. 227 and request that a registration packet be mailed to you.
Please complete all necessary forms and bring them with you.
Do not plan to complete forms when you arrive at the YWCA. You will not be allowed to complete forms upon your arrival for registration. If you do not arrive with forms already completed, you will be asked to leave and complete forms and return to YWCA when they are complete and ready.
Building Entry Instructions:
· To ensure a safe environment for all and appropriate social distancing, please park in the parking lot on the west side of the YWCA building.
Space is limited. Call the YWCA (319) 234-7589 after July 17 to check availability at your child’s school.
If you do not have a registration packet, they are available on our website or by calling the YWCA at (319) 234-7589, ext. 226 or ext. 227 and request a packet be mailed to you.
*Please call for regular office hours as they may be different from those listed with registration times beginning July 20.
Please follow our Facebook page and check our website regularly for updates on registration!
Y’s Kids Locations:
School Age (Kindergarten and older)
The YWCA provides before and after school care for school-age children at Highland, Irving, Kingsley, Kittrell, Lincoln, Lou Henry, and Lowell in Waterloo, at Hudson Elementary and at Hansen, Lincoln, and North Cedar Elementary Schools in Cedar Falls. After school only child care is offered at Cunningham Elementary in Waterloo.
The YWCA provides before-and-after preschool childcare at the following Waterloo elementary schools: Elk Run, Highland, Kittrell, and Lincoln. After preschool childcare is offered at Cunningham Elementary. Preschool child care is available at the schools Monday - Thursday. All-day care is available on Fridays at the YWCA from 6:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Child care for preschool students attending Hudson Elementary is available either before the morning program or after the afternoon program only.
Space is limited. Call the YWCA (319) 234-7589 after July 20 to check availability at your child’s school.