Lafayette St. Waterloo, IA 50703 phone: 319.234.7589
Providing a safe, warm and caring environment for school-age children has long been the foundation of the YWCA’s childcare programming. The pillars are Y’s Kids and Summer Daze.
During the school year, Y’s Kids provides care before and after school at nine Waterloo elementary schools, plus sites in Cedar Falls and Hudson. Summer Daze is the all day program held through the summer.
The YWCA childcare team also works with Tri-County Head Start to create Wrap-Around Service that offers all-day care to Head Start participants.
“Playdays” for Christmas and Spring Break, conferences, etc. are another service provided. Advance registration for Playdays is required.
Each of these childcare programs offers positive adult role models, educational opportunities and fun for the children. Financial Assistance is based on household size and income and participation by youth with special needs is encouraged.
Y's Kids- Before and After School
New Registration Dates for YWCA Y’s Kids Before and After School Child Care Program -
ensure the health and well-being of YWCA participants and the community;
the YWCA has rescheduled the dates to register for
Y’s Kids Before and After School Child Care program
for 2020 – 2021 school year.
Registration Dates for 2020-2021 School Year:
Registration for Cedar Falls & Hudson schools begins July 10, 2020, at 7:00 a.m.
Registration for Waterloo schools begins July 13, 2020, at 7:00 a.m.
Space is limited. When a program becomes full, a waiting list will be established.
How To Register / Enroll
· Registration must be done in person at the YWCA on or after the dates and times above. Do Not Mail or Email Registration Forms – mailed or emailed registrations will not be accepted.
· A $15 registration fee and a $15 YWCA annual membership fee (per child) are due at time of registration. These fees are non-refundable.
· You must present your fully completed Childcare Information Form before we can accept your registration.
· Registration for Preschool students also require a copy of the most current immunization record and physical for each preschool child.
· Financial assistance forms must be fully completed and include all required documentation before your application will be accepted and reviewed.
· Families using an alternate funding source such as DHS, JPTA, Head Start, etc., must have written authorization for services before the time of registration.
For a printable copy of the 2020-2021 Childcare Information Form, click here or you can call (319) 234-7589 ext. 226 or ext. 227 and request that a registration packet be mailed to you. Please complete these forms and bring them with you – do not mail or email them.
For a printable copy of our Financial Assistance application, click here.
For a printable copy of our Parent Handbook, click here.
School Age (Kindergarten and older)
The YWCA provides before and after school care for school-age children at Highland, Irving, Kingsley, Kittrell, Lincoln, Lou Henry, and Lowell in Waterloo, at Hudson Elementary and at Hansen, Lincoln, and North Cedar Elementary Schools in Cedar Falls. After school only child care is offered at Cunningham Elementary in Waterloo.
The YWCA provides before-and-after preschool childcare at the following Waterloo elementary schools: Elk Run, Highland, Kittrell, and Lincoln. After preschool childcare is offered at Cunningham Elementary. Preschool child care is available at the schools Monday - Thursday. All-day care is available on Fridays at the YWCA from 6:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Child care for preschool students attending Hudson Elementary is available either before the morning program or after the afternoon program only.
Space is limited. Call the YWCA (319) 234-7589 after July 13 to check availability at your child’s school.